Yoga Journal's Yoga Basics: The Essential Beginner's Guide to Yoga For a Lifetime of Health and Fitnessbuy now
Yoga Journal's Yoga Basics invites you to the magnificent world of ancient yoga. The journal is elaborated by a yoga guru with over 25 years of yoga practice experience and offers you the basics of yoga to help you catch the inspiration and enjoy yoga wherever you are.
You will learn the origins of yoga and the development of this healing art over centuries. Moreover, the book covers a wide range of yoga styles to help you select the one that suits you most. For your convenience the book involves clear instructions and dozens of pictures illustrating yoga poses.
While reading the book you will discover:
- 140 pictures with yoga poses
- Detailed instructions for basic practice and meditation
- Professional advice on efficient breathing exercises
- Ready-made yoga routines to practice 15 minutes a day
Feels like getting away from it all for a relaxing yoga practice? There's no more need to go to Himalayas to get the best of yoga. From now on you can enjoy the magic of yoga in the comfort of your home with the help of Living Your Yoga by Judith Lasater. When reading the book you'll go beyond the authentic yoga exercises. The author will help you find yoga practice in daily routine and everyday events of your life. With the help of the relevant techniques you'll manage not only to meditate but also to get a better understanding of yourself, your family and friends, the nature and the world around.
This book is a perfect blend of ancient practices and daily experience that results in enlightening and spiritual yoga practice for your everyday life.
Nowadays yoga is one of the most popular trends that had survived through the centuries and captured the minds of world famous celebrities and ordinary people. Newspapers and magazines promote healthy life styles featuring yoga practices for relieving stress and relaxing; fitness centers and gyms offer yoga exercises to their customers.
Even though the present day yoga has little in common with the authentic practice that is 5,000 years old, however, it always served the needs of public and the society where it was used. The present Yoga edition by Linda Sparrowe provides you with the evolution of approaches to yoga clearly explaining the impact of poses on more than just a body. The book features 400 asanas that date back to an ancient Indian tradition with black-and-white illustrations. Moreover, the book includes sacred yoga texts and provides you with an introduction to the most influential yoga gurus of the present day that influenced the development of western yoga that soon turned into a worldwide trend.
The book is based on more than 75 yoga asanas that are provided with clear explanations and more than 240 illustrations. Moreover, all yoga postures are grouped on a sitting, standing, arm balances and breathing basis for an easier understanding of yoga basics. The ready-made yoga workouts are elaborated to ensure they suit different levels of difficulty including beginners, intermediate and advanced practitioners.
The book is written by a famous yoga columnist Donna Farhi who managed to integrate teachings of every tradition to help you reveal the profound connections between the mind, body and spirit.
She highlights seven basic principles that lay the basis for human motion and offers readers the relevant exercises to make it easier for them to catch the yoga poses. On top of that she explains 10 ethical precepts that underlie all yoga practices and gives tips on how to include them into spiritual and emotional exercises.
As a physical therapist and yoga teacher with more than 40 years of experience Judith Lasater has elaborated an efficient guide for beginner yoga students and their teachers. 30 essential yoga poses provides the description of ancient eightfold yoga path and its meaning in the present day world. All poses described in the book with their possible variations as well as breathing practices are provided with detailed guidelines for yoga students and their teachers, photographic charts and glossary of special terms. What is more, the book touches upon one of the most essential components of any yoga practice which is the relationship between the teacher and the practitioners.
Yoga has always been renowned as a popular practice for body and mind. This is exactly why Bo Forbes, a yoga teacher and psychologist gathered all his yoga experience to help you reach emotional balance using an efficient approach to yoga practice aimed at managing depression, relieving stress and treating anxiety.
When reading the book you will learn the following:
- The three principal obstacles to emotional well-being
- Five efficient tools for creating emotional balance
- Easy ways to understand the patterns of your emotional states
- Breathing and body exercises that help you reach the balance of mind, soul and body
- Yoga practices created for relieving anxiety and depression
Based on original yoga poses backed up by psychology and science the practices provided in the book allow you to develop long-lasting emotional balance and enjoy the progressive change.
If you are ready for a progressive change in your life and are thinking of a new workout plan this book is exactly the one that you need. With the help of this book you can easily pave your way to the world of yoga in the comfort of your home due to the detailed guidelines and supreme quality pictures.
Get rid of chronic stress and depression with the help of the restorative yoga practice and enhanced breathing practices. Relax and Renew by Deborah Donohue is dedicated to the most efficient ways to help you relax and provides you with the following:
- Profound guidelines for restorative relaxation and Centering Breath
- Special yoga sequences for busy days, such as a fifteen-minute practice, yoga exercises right at your desk and the Totally Invisible Relaxation
- General sequence of restorative practice and a variation of Basic Relaxation Pose (Savasana)
- Specially designed yoga exercises to relieve back pain, headaches, breathing problems, insomnia, jet lag, etc.
- Unique section for women devoted to different periods, including menstruation, pregnancy and menopause
Furthermore, the book offers the readers a variety of yoga-related tips: from finding a teacher to how to roll blankets.
A perfect blend of the most efficient yoga practices and relaxing meditation Yoga for Meditators takes you to the magnificent world of yoga and reveals the secrets of deep understanding of your body and soul.
For your convenience the book is divided into 4 parts aimed at covering every aspect of yoga practice for every level:
- Taking a Seat: Steady and Comfortable - is targeted at covering the most common physical issues of yoga that can cause any problems during sitting in meditation.
- Yoga Poses for Sitting Meditation - provides you with special poses that help you easily get the basics of asanas that are aimed at relaxing your body and bringing peace to body and mind.
- Practicing Yoga - intersects with part two and involves the asanas for creating workouts targeted at increasing energy and relieving stress.
- Alternate Meditation Postures - offers you additional meditation poses that involve walking, standing, and lying.
The main idea of the author that goes through the whole book highlights that when your body is at ease it's much easier to get the peace of mind and yoga is the right way to reveal the whole world in you.